Monday 2 July 2007

From The Archive 2

Here is another page from an issue of Bricks 'N' Pieces Magazine. If you click on the picture it will enlarge.

The issue came out in the Autumn of 1986. I was 11 years old at the time and wished that I had enough bricks to build something so big.

Last year I was lucky enough to bid on EBAY enough money to buy the actual figure from this page. He's called Archie and he stands in my living room. Before he came to me he stood in a child's bedroom for about seven years. He appeared in Bricks 'N' Pieces twice and was used to promote LEGO in Boots Stores (of all places).

There is a quote in the article that says 'How about trying to scale up something like it - not as big of course!' I love that line because now I can...

1 comment:

Gizmocom said...

WOW, I LOVE ARCHIE!

You are going to have to (discretely!) tell me how much you paid for him..

I have nearly been tempted by the Harry Potter and Hagrid figures that sometimes appear, but never quite managed to take the leap..